Hormel Foods has partnered with Operation Gratitude and set a goal to send 52,000 letters of appreciation to Deployed U.S. Service Members. The thank you letters, written at Super Bowl LIVE presented by Verizon and online at HormelFoods.com will be sent in Operation Gratitude Care Packages to Deployed U.S. Service Members.
1 of 3
2 of 3
3 of 3
How To Write A Letter
- Start with a generic salutation, such as “Dear Hero” or “Dear Brave One.”
- Express your thanks for their selfless service.
- Avoid politics completely and religion in excess; however, saying you will pray for them is wonderful.
- Share a little about yourself: Family, Hobbies, Work, School, Pets, Travel, etc.
- Talk about life and interests: Sports, Weather, Music, Movies, Food, Books, etc.
- Adults: Include your contact information (mail or email) so the letter recipient can reply. (Recipients may or may not write back; please do not be disappointed if you do not receive a response.)
- Children’s Letters: Include first names only and do not include addresses (an adult’s address can be used).
For more guidelines and additional information visit Operation Gratitude.