Hormel Foods Reports Record Fourth Quarter, Full Year Results
AUSTIN, Minn. | November 26, 2013
Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL) today reported its performance for the fiscal year 2013 fourth quarter and full year.
All comparisons are to the fourth quarter or full year of fiscal 2012.
- Record diluted EPS of $0.58, up 18 percent from $0.49 per share
- Segment operating profit increased 21 percent
- Record dollar sales of $2.3 billion, increased 7 percent; volume up 3 percent
- Grocery Products operating profit up 17 percent; volume up 24 percent (volume down 2 percent excluding sales of SKIPPY® products); dollar sales up 23 percent (dollar sales up 1 percent excluding sales of SKIPPY® products)
- Refrigerated Foods operating profit up 30 percent; volume down 5 percent; dollar sales up 4 percent
- Jennie-O Turkey Store operating profit up 25 percent; volume up 8 percent; dollar sales up 7 percent
- Specialty Foods operating profit down 34 percent; volume down 8 percent; dollar sales down 14 percent
- International & Other operating profit up 82 percent; volume up 32 percent (volume up 15 percent excluding sales of SKIPPY® products); dollar sales up 38 percent (dollar sales up 18 percent excluding sales of SKIPPY® products)
Click here to view the full report.