The donations are being presented to the organizations this month to support Hunger Action Month.
“As a global food company, we are inspired to make a difference to help fight hunger locally in the communities where we live and work as well as areas across the world,” said Wendy Watkins, vice president of corporate communications at Hormel Foods. “We are proud to support Hunger Action Day and Hunger Action Month by partnering with Feeding America to encourage others to join in the effort to end hunger and food insecurity around the world.”
Some of the company’s donations being presented this month include:
- A $10,000 donation to The Food Bank of Iowa in Algona, Iowa;
- A $10,000 donation to The Lord’s Diner in Wichita, Kan.;
- A $10,000 donation to the Clarke County Food Pantry, Osceola Iowa;
- A $5,000 donation to the Meals on Wheels program and a $5,000 donation to the Salvation Army in Austin, Minn.;
- A $10,000 donation to the Rochelle Area Community Foundation in Rochelle, Ill.; and
- A $10,000 donation to Hosea Feed the Hungry and Homeless in Atlanta, Ga.
“Hormel Foods has been a valuable donor of nutritious protein to Feeding America and its member food banks for many years,” said Karen Hanner, vice president of manufacturing product sourcing at Feeding America. “Hunger Action Month is the perfect timing to express our gratitude for their contribution of 1.8 million pounds of food last year, which continues their commitment to helping feed families facing hunger in communities all across the country.”
Hormel Foods collaborates with retailers, nonprofit organizations and government agencies to help with hunger-relief efforts around the world. Through this program as well as disaster-relief efforts and other donations, Hormel Foods contributed $5.4 million in cash and product donations to help address hunger in fiscal 2017.
Additional information about the company’s fiscal 2017 hunger-relief efforts is available in the Hormel Foods 2017 Corporate Responsibility Report.