Inaugural Small Change Big Impact Food Summit To Bring Together Industry Leaders At Harvard University April 3-4, 2019
More than 100 leaders in the food world will convene at Harvard University April 3 and 4 to discuss creating a more transparent, secure and sustainable food system. Led by global branded food company Hormel Foods and Harvard University Dining Services, the Small Change Big Impact Food Summit will bring together leaders and change agents from academia, foodservice, food companies and nonprofits to discuss innovative ideas and powerful insights and to forge new collaborations toward an improved food future.
Notable speakers and participants for the April 4 portion of the summit include:
- Jim Snee, Chairman of the Board, President and CEO, Hormel Foods
- David Davidson, Managing Director, Harvard University Dining Services
- Sam Kass, Food Entrepreneur, Former White House Chef and Senior Policy Advisor for Nutrition
- David Bell, Harvard Business School – George M. Moffett Professor of Agriculture and Business
- Jeffrey Amoscato, VP of Supply Chain and Menu Innovation, Shake Shack
- Doug Rauch, CEO of Daily Table, Former President of Trader Joe’s
- Catherine D’Amato, CEO and President, Greater Boston Food Bank
- Jody Adams, James Beard Foundation Award-Winning Chef/Co-Owner of Trade, Porto, Saloniki
- John Ghingo, President, Applegate
- Kathy Talkington, Project Director, Antimicrobial Resistance, The Pew Charitable Trusts
- Maureen Timmons, Director of Dining Services, Northeastern University
- Ron DeSantis, Certified Master Chef and Founder of CulinaryNXT
- Adeline Druart, President, Vermont Creamery
- Ethan Watters, Futurist and Author, Attention Span Media
- And more. A full list of all speakers is attached.
The summit begins on April 3 with the OUR FOOD JOURNEY™ Small Change, Big Impact Challenge. Participating startups, individuals and nonprofits will present their ideas for improving our food system to a panel of food industry leaders. Winners will receive a share of $10,000 in grant funding, with the goal of fostering ideas that, no matter how small, will create positive change.
Hormel Foods and Harvard University Dining Services will also present the inaugural Small Change Big Impact Awards to changemakers and rising stars in food who have had or are making a significant impact and improving the future of our food.
The summit is being co-presented by Harvard University Dining Services and Hormel Foods, and is being organized by Attention Span Media with CulinaryNXT.
More details about the summit and the impact challenge can be found at www.thefoodimpactsummit.com.