The field from one of the biggest college sporting tournaments in the world has been narrowed down to 16 teams, representing regions from across the country. While fans continue to look for fun ways to entertain their guests at home and keep them fueled during all the action, the makers of HORMEL® Chili wanted to provide fans from each region a way to celebrate.
Introducing the 16-Topping Chili Nation Bar – paying homage to one of the most-watched portions of the big tournament; this chili bar is sure to please fans from all over the country with specific ingredients tied to each region.
March 2017 By The Numbers
- Last year, more than 8 million pounds of HORMEL® Chili was purchased during March in America
- The South region purchased more HORMEL® Chili than any other region – nearly 3 million total pounds to be exact
- This was over 1 million pounds more than the next highest region (the West) at 1,828,160 pounds
- The Midwest region came in third at 1,695,987 pounds
- With the East region rounding out the list at 1,591,754 pounds