Celebrity Chefs and Jennie-O Turkey Store Collaborate on New On-Trend Turkey Burger Recipes for Summer Grilling Season
Jennie-O Turkey Store, one of the most beloved turkey brands in the nation and a wholly owned subsidiary of Hormel Foods (HRL), announced today the release of new ground-turkey-burger recipes for the grill, developed by award-winning big-city restaurateurs, culinary entrepreneurs, TV personalities and a certified master chef. Some of these recipes, while developed specifically for home cooks to spice up their grilling routines, will soon be found on menus in Chicago and New York City.
1 of 6
2 of 6
3 of 6
4 of 6
5 of 6
6 of 6
“Turkey burgers are on trend this summer grilling season, especially with millennials who are looking for a better-for-you burger option,” said Certified Master Chef Ron DeSantis. “These new recipes take the classic turkey burger and add exciting culinary elements that fans can create themselves.”
“From recipes to tablescapes, consumers can count on JENNIE-O® to pull out all the stops when it comes to helping them plan for family meals and gatherings, and summer grilling season is no exception,” said Brent Koosmann, director of marketing at Jennie-O Turkey Store. “These new recipes represent the abundant diversity found in today’s leading culinary trends and are sure to provide an exciting and unique experience for guests at a backyard barbeque or, quite simply, the family dinner on any given night of the week.”
Here is the list of innovative recipes—crafted by top chefs and brought to you by JENNIE-O®:
- Chef Chris Cheung, award-winning restaurateur from New York City’s Chinatown and chef/owner of East Wind Snack Shop in Soho, created the nontraditional Turkey Burger Spring Roll — featuring a homemade ground-turkey-filled spring roll in a bao bun.
- At Chicago’s Swill Inn, patrons will soon find the Pimento Turkey Burger on the menu of Lamar Moore, a noted chef, restaurateur and TV personality.
Award-winning Certified Master Chef Ron DeSantis, writer and principal advisor of the consulting firm CulinaryNXT, delivers something unexpected with the Guacamole Turkey Burger topped with Sour Cream Aioli and featuring a guacamole-infused, handmade ground turkey patty.
- Stirred by her Haitian heritage and inspired by her father, New York City chef and entrepreneur Vanessa Cantave of Yum Yum Catering & Events is serving up the Spiced Turkey Burger with Avocado.
- Chef Kenneth Temple, a New Orleans native, winner of Food Network’s “Chopped” and cookbook author, created the Bacon-Wrapped Turkey Burger with Guacamole and Jalapeño Mayo.
- It’s not just any California-style burger from San Francisco chef and sommelier Christina Machamer. The winner of “Hell’s Kitchen” on FOX created the California Turkey Burger infused with spices and topped with veggies and cheese.
To find these recipes, visit www.JennieO.com.