Hormel Foods Receives Accolades for Innovative Products
Austin , Minn.
Hormel Foods Corporation (NYSE: HRL) today announced that nine of its products were recently recognized as Editors’ Picks by Progressive Grocer magazine. Each year, the magazine selects new products as Editors’ Picks based on taste, innovation, functionality, overall value and suitability for the mainstream grocery channel.
The Hormel Foods products that received this distinction are:
- Applegate Naturals® cheeses;
- Applegate Naturals® peppered Genoa salami;
- Columbus® raised without antibiotics uncured Genoa salame;
- Herdez® Taqueria Street Taco Sauces™ products;
- Hormel® Black Label® real bacon bits singles;
- Hormel® Natural Choice™ stacks;
- Jennie-O® premium peri peri chicken breast;
- Wholly® Simply Avocado® dip and spread; and
- Wholly Guacamole® snack cups.
“We are honored to have nine of our products make the 2018 Progressive Grocer Editors’ Picks list,” said Scott Aakre, vice president of consumer insights and corporate innovation at Hormel Foods. “We continually focus on consumer insights to bring new products to market. This recognition is a testament to our hard work and dedication to innovation.”
In total, 105 food products and 15 nonfood items were selected as Editors’ Picks. For a complete list of winners, visit https://progressivegrocer.com/2018-editors-picks-award-winners.