Every year, there is leftover turkey on Thanksgiving Day on tables across America. This year with smaller celebrations planned, we’ve packaged up some of our favorite sandwich recipes so you can be prepared for variety of delicious meals made from your Thanksgiving leftovers!
The Waffled Gobbler
- 2 cups leftover stuffing
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Non-stick cooking spray, as needed
- 1/2 cup leftover mashed potatoes, warmed
- 4 ounces leftover JENNIE-O® turkey, warmed
- 6 to 8 leftover steamed green beans, if desired
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup turkey gravy, warmed
In large bowl, combine stuffing, egg and chicken broth until stuffing is moistened. Prepare 4-waffle iron for medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Distribute stuffing evenly into prepared waffle iron. Cook waffles 10 minutes or until crisped and browned or according to manufacturer’s instructions.
Spread mashed potatoes on 2 waffles. Divide turkey, beans and cranberry sauce on top of each. Drizzle with gravy. Top with remaining waffles.
- 2 ciabatta rolls, halved
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces sliced JENNIE-O® turkey
- 1 Roma tomato, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Heat panini grill. Spread pesto on cut sides of rolls. On two halves, divide cheese, turkey and tomato slices. Sandwich rolls together. Brush each with olive oil.
Grill 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is golden.
Tom Banh Mi
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup julienne carrots
- 1/2 cup julienne daikon radish
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 demi baguettes
- 2 cups leftover JENNIE-O® Turkey slices
- 16 slices cucumber
- 8 slices jalapeño peppers
- 8 cilantro sprigs
In small saucepan over high heat, combine vinegar, apple juice, water and honey; bring to boil. Remove from heat; let cool.
Combine cooled vinegar mixture with carrots and daikon radish. Cover and chill 1 hour or overnight.
In small bowl, combine mayonnaise and chili sauce. Split each baguette in half almost all the way through. Spread cut sides with mayonnaise mixture.
Place 1 cup turkey, 4 slices cucumber and 4 slices jalapeño pepper inside each baguette. Drain liquid from carrot mixture. Add to baguettes and top with cilantro.
- 2 slices pumpernickel bread
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 ounces leftover JENNIE-O® turkey slices
- 1/2 cup kimchi, drained
- 2 tablespoons Russian dressing
- 1 tablespoon butter
On one bread slice, layer cheese, turkey, kimchi and dressing. Cover with remaining bread slice. Butter both sides of sandwich.
Place sandwich in skillet or griddle. Cook 4 to 6 minutes or until bread is toasted and golden brown, turning once. Cut sandwich in half.
- 2 cups pulled leftover JENNIE-O® turkey
- 1/3 cup barbeque sauce
- 2 pretzel buns, split and toasted
- 2 leaves Bibb lettuceb
- Red onion slices and pickles, if desired
In medium bowl place turkey. Add barbeque sauce; stir to coat. Pile turkey onto lettuce lined buns. Serve with red onion and pickles, if desired.
The AM Cobb
- 2 tablespoons WHOLLY® guacamole chunky guacamole dip
- 1 brioche bun, split and toasted
- 2 thin slices tomato
- 3 slices cooked HORMEL® BLACK LABEL® bacon
- 4 ounces leftover cooked JENNIE-O® turkey, warmed
- 1 egg, fried
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
Spread guacamole on bottom bun half. Top with tomato slices and bacon. Place turkey and egg on top of tomato. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Cover with bun top.