Corn on the cob is a summertime staple, weather as a side, main dish or savory treat. Take yours to the next level with these tasty twists on the classic: increasing the crunch with the addition of CORN NUTS® Chile Picante Con Limon, trying a vegetarian-friendly ribs recipe in the air fryer or simply adding the crispy, savory flavor of fresh cooked bacon.
Grilled Chili Picante CORN NUTS® Elote
- 2 (4-ounce) bags CORN NUTS® Chile Picante Con Limon
- Vegetable oil, for brushing grill grates
- 6 ears corn
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lime, juiced. Plus wedges for serving.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
- Hot sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- In the bowl of a food processor, place CORN NUTS® Chile Picante Con Limon. Pulse until roughly chopped. Transfer to large plate and set aside.
- Pull back the husk of corn, leaving it attached at the base. Remove the silk. Tie the husk back with butcher’s twine.
- Heat grill to medium heat and brush grates with oil. Grill corn until fully cooked, for about 15 minutes, turning every 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, chili powder, and garlic. Place cheese on large plate. Brush grilled corn with mayo mixture and dip into cheese, then chopped CORN NUTS® Chile Picante Con Limon, evenly coating each corn. Drizzle with hot sauce, to taste. Garnish with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Air Fried Corn Ribs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Mexican crema
- 1/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons LA VICTORIA® Thick ‘N Chunky Salsa Verde
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Cut corn lengthwise into quarters (8 quarters total).
- In small bowl, combine olive oil with next 4 ingredients: brush on corn. Air fry at 390° F 6 to 7 minutes, turning after 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, salsa verde, chili powder and paprika. Pour sauce over corn. Drizzle with crema. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.
Jalapeno Bacon Grilled Elote
- 4 ears fresh corn, husks removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crumbled Mexican cheese (such as Cotija)
- Cayenne pepper
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 (16-ounce) package BLACK LABEL® Jalapeño Bacon, crisply cooked and chopped
- Heat gas or charcoal grill.
- Place corn directly on grill over medium-high heat. Cover grill; cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until lightly browned on all sides.
- Brush cooked corn with mayonnaise; sprinkle with cheese and cayenne pepper. Serve hot with cilantro and chopped bacon sprinkled on top. Serve with lime wedges.