Fourth of July is one of America’s most popular holiday celebrations and is filled with activities from going to a parade and playing yard games to lighting sparklers and just being with family and friends. To ensure you have enough energy for the days’ festivities, we gathered these five simple but delicious recipes!
Looking to bring an exciting twist to your burger? Add some WHOLLY® guacamole dip for an extra spark! This recipe will quickly turn your patty into a mouthwatering stuffed burger.
Bacon Guacamole Stuffed Sausage Burgers
- 6 slices HORMEL® BLACK LABEL® Premium Pecanwood Bacon
- 1/2 cup WHOLLY® guacamole
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Salsa, if desired
Prepare grill for high heat.
Prepare bacon according to package directions; drain. Crumble bacon. Stir crumbled bacon into guacamole dip. Shape sausage into 8 thin patties. Top 4 patties with bacon mixture; cover with remaining patties. Pinch edges together to seal.
Place burgers on grill. Grill 6 to 7 minutes on each side.
Fill buns with burgers. Serve with salsa, if desired.
Go back to the classics with the All-American Bacon Cheeseburger. With toppings like cheese slices, lettuce, tomato slices, pickles and our HORMEL® BLACK LABEL® Bacon, you can never go wrong.
All-American Bacon Cheeseburgers
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 round, crusty buns, split, buttered and toasted
- 12 slices American cheese
- 2 (1-pound) packages HORMEL® BLACK LABEL® Bacon- Original, cooked according to package directions
Prepare grill or heat broiler.
In large bowl, combine beef, breadcrumbs, 1/3 cup ketchup, egg, onion, seasoned salt and pepper; mix thoroughly. Shape into 6 patties. Grill or broil patties, turning once halfway through cooking, 14 to 18 minutes or until no pink remains.
Spread bottom halves of rolls with remaining 1/3 cup ketchup. Add patties, cheese and bacon. Cover with top halves of buns.
Your barbeque will be the talk of the block when you serve these delicious burgers topped with HORMEL® Angus Beef Chili with Beans – perfect for spicing up this staple meal. To get the full Fourth of July experience, add toppings, make lemonade and blast the radio!
Angus HORMEL® Chili Burgers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 (15-ounce) can HORMEL® Angus Beef Chili with Beans, warmed
- Suggested toppings: Cheese slices, lettuce, tomato slices and pickles
Prepare grill for medium heat.
In large bowl, combine beef, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Shape into 4 (4-inch) patties.
Grill patties 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, toast buns. Place patties on buns and top with chili and suggested toppings.
Every day is a great day for tacos, especially chicken tacos made with LLOYD’S® Hickory Hardwood Smoked Pulled Chicken with Pig Beach Mustard BBQ sauce. To garnish, we suggest using corn, cheese, onion, cilantro and lime.
Chicken Street Tacos
- 1 (16-ounce) package LLOYD’S® Hickory Hardwood Smoked Pulled Chicken with Pig Beach Mustard BBQ sauce, warm according to package instructions
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup corn kernels, charred if desired
- 1/2 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1/2 cup pickled red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
Serve warmed chicken in tortillas garnished with corn, cheese, onion, cilantro and lime.
Can’t decide between a snack or a meal? Have both! Using LLOYD’S® Seasoned & Shredded Beef in Original BBQ Sauce and your desired toppings, you can customize your nachos just the way you like, making them flavorful and colorful.
BBQ Beef Nachos
- 1 (11-ounce) bag tortilla chips
- Queso blanco, heated
- 1 (15-ounce) container LLOYD’S® Seasoned & Shredded Beef in Original BBQ Sauce, heated according to package instructions
- Suggested toppings: Diced avocado, chopped tomatoes, chopped cilantro, and sour cream
On serving plate, top chips with desired amount of warmed queso and beef. Top with suggested toppings.
Whether you’re out on the lake, sitting around the campfire, watching the fireworks or relaxing at home, these recipes will sure add a flare to your holiday celebrations!