Students aren’t strangers to quick and distracted meals with their minds focused on their next task. Shake things up with our flavorful, simple and quick prep meals that won’t keep them from getting to class on time.
- 3 slices Hormel® fully cooked bacon
- 1 (2-ounce) Wholly® avocado mini
- 1 slice whole grain bread, toasted
- 3 or 4 grape tomatoes, halved
- To taste Kosher salt
Heat bacon according to package directions. Spread avocado evenly over toast. Top with bacon and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt, to taste.
Calories: 289, Protein: 29g, Carbohydrate: 20g, Fat: 18g, Cholesterol: 30mg, Sodium: 584mg
Chicken-Black Bean-Yellow Rice
- 1 (5.4-ounce) package Mexican rice
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup Hormel® taco meat shredded meat
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced
Cook rice according to package directions. Heat black beans and taco meat according to package directions. In large bowl, stir together rice, beans and taco meat. Stir in cilantro and top with jalapeño slices.
Calories: 180, Protein: 10g, Carbohydrate: 24g, Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 100mg, Sodium: 644mg
- 1 (15-ounce) can Hormel® chili no beans
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup chopped kale
- 2 large eggs
- To garnish chopped green onions
- To garnish queso fresco
In large bowl, combine chili, tomatoes and broth. Pour 1 cup mixture into microwave safe dish. Cover mixture and heat on HIGH (100%) 2 minutes. Refrigerate or freeze remaining chili mixture for later use.
Crack eggs over mixture. Cover and heat in microwave on HIGH (100%) 2 ½ minutes or until eggs are cooked to desired degree of doneness. Garnish, if desired.
Calories: 235, Protein: 15g, Carbohydrate: 16g, Fat: 13g, Cholesterol: 377mg, Sodium: 539mg
Some Assembly Required
From its origins in Japan thousands of years ago to lunch boxes and kitchen tables around the world, Bento boxes are an easy-to-customize time saver for busy familiesTry Them At Home