Lunchbox Dad Beau Coffron takes a traditional breakfast concept and uses it to create delicious dishes perfect for any meal, snack or even desert. Gather your kids, unleash your creativity, and discover why “waffle” is our new favorite action word!
Top with whatever else your heart desires!Lunchbox Dad Beau Coffron
Pepperoni Pizza Waffles
- 2 cups frozen tater tots, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 to 8 slices HORMEL® pepperoni
- Favorite pizza toppings
- 3 tablespoons pizza sauce, warmed
Heat 8-inch waffle iron to medium-high. Grease waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray. Spread tots on waffle iron. Close and cook 5 minutes or until nearly crisp. Open waffle iron and fill any holes in the waffle with more tots; close and cook 2 to 3 minutes longer or until golden and crispy. Remove from waffle iron. Immediately top with cheese, pepperoni and favorite pizza toppings. Serve with pizza sauce. Serves 1.
- 1 green apple, sliced and cored
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup ice cream
- 1 tablespoon graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup berries
Heat 8-inch waffle iron to medium. Grease waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray. Place apple slices on waffle iron. Top with sugar and cinnamon. Close and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until soft and golden. Remove from waffle iron. Immediately top with ice cream, graham cracker crumbs and berries. Serves 1.
Cornbread and Chili Waffles
- 1 (8.5-ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 (15-ounce) can HORMEL® chili with beans, heated
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sour cream
In bowl, combine muffin mix, milk, melted shortening and egg. Stir until large lumps disappear.
Heat 8-inch waffle iron to medium. Grease waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray. Spoon half the muffin batter on waffle iron. Close and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until crispy and golden. Remove from waffle iron. Repeat with remaining batter. Top each waffle with hot chili, cheese and green onion. Serve with avocado, tomatoes and sour cream. Serves 2.