PLANTERS® Hilarious Super Bowl Ad Is Dividing Twitter
People love to argue over things, and nut brand Planters® is capitalizing on that truth via its 2022 Super Bowl ad. While Planters® debuted Baby Nut at the Super Bowl in 2020, this brand-new commercial instead features two human stars: beloved comedic actors Ken Jeong and Joel McHale. More importantly, it begs the burning question: Do you eat mixed nuts one at a time or mixed together by the handful? It’s a far cry from “mask or no mask,” to be sure, but it still seems worthy of a conversation or two.
In the days leading up to the Super Bowl, the Twitter account for Planters® Mr. Peanut® posted a poll asking fans of the brand, “How do you eat your mixed nuts?” As of press time, the poll is almost dead even, with about 52% of users responding that they prefer the one-at-a-time approach and the remaining 48% opting for the all-together method. Nearly 22,000 people cast their vote.