In addition to being named on the overall 50 best list, Hormel Foods ranked No. 4 in the retail and consumer products category.
To compile the ranking, Vault surveyed thousands of current and former interns about their internship programs. Vault’s 50 Best Internships reflects the highest-rated internship programs across the survey pool.
“For more than a decade, Hormel Foods has had an experience-based internship program that provides college-level students with an opportunity to work for a Fortune 500 company doing meaningful real-world work. We believe the success of the program is based on our talent philosophy and the interns’ perspectives that have shaped the program into one that is truly world-class,” said Jen Dao, supervisor of professional recruitment. “Because of the strength of the internship program, on average we have been able to hire 80 percent of our interns year-over-year. We are very proud to receive this award and even more proud of our incredible classes of interns who are part of our global team.”
During a three- or six-month full-time internship, Hormel Foods interns have the opportunity to:
- Manage company projects independently with support from talented staff;
- Network with peers and employees of various levels in different departments;
- Participate in strategy sessions with industry leaders;
- Receive competitive pay and housing assistance;
- Learn about career paths at the company; and
- Participate in social events tailored to the interests of each class of interns.
For more information about internship opportunities at Hormel Foods, visit https://www.hormelfoods.com/careers/new-grads-university-recruiting/internship-opportunities/.