Today’s students are tomorrow’s leaders. At Hormel Foods, we offer meaningful paid internship opportunities to help them get started.
As an intern, you’ll apply what you’ve learned in the classroom to real-life work situations. Your work will directly contribute to the success of our company.
Internships may be located at our corporate office in Austin, Minn., or at one of our manufacturing plants or sales offices around the United States. We actively recruit for internship positions during the fall and winter months, but occasionally post internships during other times of the year.
During a three- or six-month, full-time internship, you will have the unique opportunity to:
- Manage company projects independently with support from our talented staff;
- Network with peers and employees of various levels in different departments;
- Participate in strategy sessions with industry leaders;
- Receive competitive pay and housing assistance;
- Learn about career paths that only a sustainable and international company such as Hormel Foods can offer;
- Increase your potential to land a full-time job. Hormel Foods is one of the few companies that hires interns with full-time positions in mind; and
- Participate in social events tailored to the interests of each class of interns.
Awards & Rankings
For more than a decade, Hormel Foods has had an experience-based internship program that provides college-level students with an opportunity to work for a Fortune 500 company doing meaningful real-world work.
100 Best Internships, Vault
Hormel Foods was ranked No. 38 on the 2021 ranking of 100 Best Internships by Vault. In addition, Hormel Foods made Vault’s 2021 Best Internships for Employment Prospects list (coming in at No. 18), the 2021 Best Internships for Sales & Marketing list (coming in at No. 4), and the Best Retail & Consumer Products Internships list (coming in at No. 4).
Hormel Foods President and CEO Jim Snee surprises a few of the company’s interns during their exit interviews.