If you are located in the Philippines in accordance with Republic Act. No. 10173 otherwise known as the Data Privacy Act 2012 (the “Act”), this Supplemental Privacy Notice (together with other relevant sections of the Policy) provides information about the collection, use, processing, and sharing of data about you.
Hormel Foods Corporation is the data controller for the purposes of Personal Data processed through this Website. If you have questions about this Policy or your rights, please contact us as indicated in our Policy, see Section 16, “Contact Details”.
Lawful Bases for Processing
We process the Personal Data of visitors to this Website who are located in the Philippines for the purposes set out in the table under Section 6, “What is the legal basis for our data collection?,” of the Policy. The lawful basis for each purpose may be different. Please contact us, see Section 16, “Contact Details,” of the Policy, if you would like to know the specific legal basis which applies in connection with a particular processing operation. In general, the lawful bases that we rely on are the following:
- Contractual necessity – We will process your Personal Data where necessary for us to meet our contractual commitments to you.
- Legitimate interests – This means our interest in conducting and managing our organization to enable us to provide you with the best products and give you the best service. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). Our legitimate interests include:
- Administering our operations;
- Providing high quality customer service;
- Developing our products and services, and what we charge for them;
- Defining types of customers for any new products or services;
- Understanding how our Website is being used;
- Developing and growing our operations;
- Ensuring cybersecurity;
- To enhance protection against fraud, spam, harassment, intellectual property infringement, crime and security risks; and
- To meet our obligations and enforce our legal rights.
- Consent – In accordance with applicable law, we may seek your consent or explicit consent to process Personal Data collected on this Website or volunteered by you. For example, in relation to our marketing and promotional activities.
- Compliance with laws and regulations – We will process your Personal Data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
International Transfers of Personal Data Outside of the Philippines
The processing of all Personal Data by us through this Website will take place in the United States. Visitors to this Website acknowledge that Personal Data provided or collected through this Website will be transferred to the United States.
We may transfer your Personal Data between entities within the Hormel group and/or to the third parties described in the table under Section 7, “When do we share your information?,” of the Policy. We may transfer your Personal Data outside the Philippines relying on appropriate or suitable safeguards or specific derogations recognized under applicable data protection law, including Section 21 of the Act.
All Personal Data transferred by us is subject to a cross-border arrangement and cooperation.
Rights of Data Subjects
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your Personal Data. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out below or learn more about such rights, please contact us, see Section 16, “Contact Details,” of the Policy.
- Access your Personal Data;
- Correct or update any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate;
- Restrict or limit the ways in which we use your Personal Data;
- Object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- Request the deletion of your Personal Data; and
- Obtain a copy of your Personal Data in an easily accessible format.
In addition, where we rely on consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you have any complaints regarding our privacy practices, you have the right to make a complaint with your national data protection authority.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
If you have any complaints regarding our privacy practices, you have the right to make a complaint with your national data protection authority. However, we would appreciate the opportunity to address any concern you have so please contact us, see Section 16, “Contact Details,” of the Policy, in the first instance.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as is necessary for the purposes listed in this Policy unless a longer period is required under applicable law, or a longer period is needed to resolve disputes or protect our legal rights or otherwise comply with legal obligations.
When assessing the data retention period, we take into account the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of the data, the purposes for which we process the data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Failure to Provide Personal Data
Where we need to collect Personal Data by law or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. In this case, we may have to cancel a service or order you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.