The organization commits to the continuous improvement of our environmental programs, including the wise stewardship of natural resources and the documentation, implementation and maintenance of a formal Environmental Management System.
The Hormel Foods Board of Directors is responsible for monitoring the Corporation’s
sustainability, environmental, and corporate social responsibility activities, including the implementation of this Policy.
We are specifically committed to:
- The conservation of natural resources through careful planning and efficient use of water, energy and raw materials;
- The minimization of waste through source reduction, reuse and recycling;
- The handling and disposal of waste through safe and environmentally sustainable methods;
- The prevention of pollution, including greenhouse gases, and the unintended release of substances that could cause harm to air, water or land;
- Conducting regular environmental assessments at our facilities and making recommendations for improvement;
- The annual review of our Environmental Management System to ensure that it is appropriate for the nature, scale and environmental impacts of our activities and products;
- Training and encouraging our employees to conduct their activities in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner;
- Establishing environmental objectives and targets, conducting an annual review of our performance, and publicly reporting our progress;
- Making this policy publicly available to all employees and interested parties; and
- Requiring our suppliers and business partners to maintain the same high levels of environmental performance.