¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
½ teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 pounds (3 medium) sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced ½-inch thick
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (18.4-ounce) package HORMEL® Original Pork Tenderloin
2 medium apples, cored, peeled and coarsely chopped
¼ cup dried cranberries
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons HOUSE OF TSANG® low-sodium soy sauce
- In small bowl, mix together ¼ cup brown sugar, thyme, salt, black pepper, cinnamon, ginger and cayenne pepper.
- Arrange sweet potato slices in the bottom of slow cooker. Add chopped onion and sprinkle with about half the spice mixture.
- Coat pork tenderloin with remaining spice mixture. Place in slow cooker on top of vegetables. Top pork tenderloin with apples, cranberries and water. Cover.
- Cook on HIGH 1 to 1 ½ hours. Turn heat to LOW setting. Cook 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove pork tenderloin from slow cooker. In small bowl, combine soy sauce and 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Brush over pork tenderloin. Broil in oven 5 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with more glaze.
- To serve, transfer pork tenderloin to cutting board and carve crosswise into thick slices. Spoon sweet potato, onion and apple mixture onto a serving platter and arrange pork slices over the top. If there’s any liquid left in the slow cooker, serve separately on the side.