- Remove ham from package and discard the round, plastic bone guard.
- Place the largest cut surface of the ham face down in a large baking pan or roaster with 2-3 inch sides.
- Add 1 cup water to the pan.
- Cover pan securely with foil or tight-fitting roaster lid.
- Bake at 325º F for 15 minutes per pound or until ham is warm. If glazing ham, prepare glaze as instructed below.
FOR OPTIMUM TENDERNESS, DO NOT OVERCOOK!
The optimum serving temperature for ham is 140º F.
- Turn oven temperature to 425º F.
- Mix contents of glaze packet with 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon of water.
- Remove ham from oven and carefully drain or spoon excess ham juices/drippings from the pan.
- Spoon the prepared glaze mixture evenly over the entire surface of the ham.
- Place ham in oven, and bake for 5-10 minutes or until glaze is set.
- Slice ham, serve and enjoy!