We were founded in Austin, Minn. and are still proud to call it our home. The address of our headquarters is:
1 Hormel Place
Austin, Minn. 55912
We celebrated our 125th anniversary in 2016! George A. Hormel founded Geo. A. Hormel & Co. in Austin, Minn. in 1891. Learn more about our rich and innovative past by visiting our history page.
It sure is. Visit our Investor site to view our annual report and learn more about investor relations.
We are glad to hear you are interested in joining our team. We may be a little biased, but we think we have the best employees in the business! Learn all about our team, career paths and apply for open positions by visiting our careers section.
Thanks for thinking of us. Please fill out our consent request. We would love to hear more about your ideas!
We know how much our consumers love a good deal! You can find coupons for products from Hormel Foods through promotions and advertising in:
- Daily newspapers
- Sunday newspaper inserts
- General-interest magazines
- Promotions offered by stores selling Hormel Foods products
- You can also visit our coupons section on Hormel.com for other special offers.
Unfortunately, we do not have coupons available for mailing. We recommend you watch for coupons in the Sunday newspaper, magazines and in local stores. These are all great places to grab some of our coupons. You can also visit our coupons section on Hormel.com for other special offers.
We love that you are excited about our products! As much as we would love to send you samples, we have so many loyal fans that there is no way we could keep up with offering that to all of our consumers. Thanks for checking though!
Thanks for asking. Information on our policy can be found in this coupon redemption policy pdf.
Food Storage/Best By Date
While it seems like a great idea, we do not recommend freezing the container. Freezing will not harm the integrity of the container, but it may diminish the quality of the product’s texture and flavor. And we wouldn’t want that!
We recommend that a product be consumed any time up to the “Best By” or expiration date printed on the container, package or can. This is to make sure you experience the best quality, flavor and freshness.
We also recommend storing canned items in a cool, dry place to adequately preserve the flavor.
Great question! The general rule is to use the product within three to five days and keep it refrigerated after opening.
Exceptions to the above rule include:
- Raw bacon and ham – refrigerate and use within one week
- Hormel®Natural Choice® meats – refrigerate and use within five days
- Hormel® fully cooked bacon and Hormel® pepperoni – refrigerate and use within three weeks
Food safety is important to us. After a product packaged in a glass or plastic jar is opened, it should be placed in a refrigerator immediately and consumed within three to five days.
Excellent question – our charitable giving is a very important part of our mission. You can learn all of the details and guidelines about our giving program by clicking on the link below.
Making a difference and donating in our local communities is important to us. Our charitable giving focuses on the areas of hunger, education and contributing to the communities in which we operate. If you have a request, please submit it using this donation request form.
Great question. Our donation request form will prompt you to supply all of the necessary information for us to make a decision. We will reach out further if we need any additional information.
Your request is important to us and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible; however, depending on how many requests we are reviewing it may take a week to 10 days. We thank you for your patience!
Great question! Use our product locator to search for the nearest store carrying the product(s) you are looking for.
Or you can purchase some of your favorite Hormel Foods products online.
Food Safety/Allergen Info
Great question. We understand how important it is for our consumers to be informed about potential allergens. That is why we recognize the top eight food allergens and clearly list them on each product’s ingredient listing:
- Milk Products
- Tree nuts
It is important to note that you should always check the ingredient listing for allergens before consuming any of our products.
We do! Visit our allergen information page to learn more about our products without gluten containing ingredients. As this page is constantly being updated, please always check the ingredients listing on your favorite products for the most accurate allergen information.
Absolutely. All of the products Hormel Foods manufactures that contain monosodium glutamate (MSG) are clearly labeled, as required by law. Please know that MSG is not allowed to be listed under the broader heading of “flavorings” or “spice extracts” so it will never be disguised as such. Rather it will always be clearly listed as MSG.
We understand this is a very important topic for our consumers. The North American Meat Institute does a great job of explaining COOL and can answer any of your questions.
As a company rooted in tradition for more than 125 years, Hormel Foods focuses on producing wholesome, nutritious, great-tasting and safe products for consumers to enjoy.
Hormel Foods will continue to advocate for the continued safe and effective use of agricultural biotechnology to increase the food supply while lowering cost. Additionally, our company recently purchased Applegate Farms, the leading brand of natural and organic meat products. Applegate® products are GMO-free and offer choice for consumers looking for products without GMOs.
We will continue to engage in an informative dialogue with our consumers so that they understand the safety, prevalence and benefits of GM technology and can make informed choices for themselves and their families.
More information about this topic is available in our corporate responsibility section.
Holiday Ham & Turkey Prep
We want to make sure your turkey is thawed in time for your gathering! Thawing turkey in the refrigerator is recommended. If short on time, you may thaw the turkey in cold water in the original wrapping, making sure the water is changed every 30 minutes to keep the turkey surface cold.
Thaw turkey in unopened wrapper on a tray in the refrigerator. Allow 4 hours per pound to thaw.
Refrigerator Thawing Time
Turkey Weight and Days to Allow for Thawing Turkey
- 8 to 10 pounds – 2 to 3 days
- 12 to 16 pounds – 3 to 4 days
- 16 to 20 pounds – 4 to 5 days
- 20 to 24 pounds – 5 to 6 days
Cold Water Thawing
Leave turkey in unopened wrapper. Cover completely with cold water. Change water every 30 minutes to keep turkey surface cold.
Cold Water Thawing Time
Turkey Weight and Time to Allow for Thawing Turkey
- 8 to 12 pounds – 4 to 6 hours
- 12 to 16 pounds – 6 to 8 hours
- 16 to 20 pounds – 8 to 10 hours
- 20 to 24 pounds – 10 to 12 hours
Yes, check out this great video from the Jennie-O Turkey Store.
1. Start with a sharp carving knife, meat fork and cutting board.
2. Let the turkey stand on the cutting board 15 to 20 minutes before carving.
3. Remove plastic clasp holding drumstick together.
4. Cut through the joint between the leg and the body. Remove the leg.
5. Make a long horizontal cut into the turkey breast.
6. Hold the meat fork firmly and begin carving thin slices down to the horizontal cut.
7. Continue to carve, starting at a higher point each time.
8. Repeat step 4 through 7 on the other side of the turkey.
9. Serve the turkey on a platter with your favorite garnish and side dishes.
We want to help you prepare the best Thanksgiving turkey yet.
1. You will want to buy ¾ to 1 pound of turkey per person. If you like more leftovers, plan 1½ pounds per person.
2. Plan ahead to thaw a frozen turkey. It takes about 4 hours per pound to thaw a turkey in the refrigerator.
3. It takes about 15 minutes per pound to cook a turkey at 325°F.
4. It’s recommended to cook dressing in a casserole dish during the last hour of roasting the turkey. For optimum safety and more even cooking, it is recommended you cook your stuffing outside the bird in a casserole dish. Don’t forget to use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature of the stuffing, which must reach a safe minimum internal temperature of 165°F. Plan on ¾ cup of stuffing per pound of turkey.
5. There is no need to baste the turkey. Opening the oven door slows down the roasting time.
6. The turkey is done when a meat thermometer inserted into the breast reads 170°F and 180°F in the thigh.
7. Let the turkey rest 15 to 20 minutes before carving. The turkey juices will be reabsorbed and will not be lost during carving.
8. Carve the turkey with a very sharp knife or an electric knife.
9. After roasting, remove the meat from the bones and refrigerate within two hours. Store leftovers in separate containers in the refrigerator.
10. Relax and enjoy yourself!
Here are our instructions for making a delicious ham.
1. Heat oven to 325°F.
2. Have available a large baking pan, a 1-cup measuring cup and aluminum foil.
3. Remove ham from packaging and place in baking pan.
4. Add 1 cup water to the pan.
5. Cover the pan securely with foil.
6. Bake the ham 20 minutes per pound. The optimum serving temperature is 135°F. to 140°F.
7. See the recipe below for a spiced cranberry glaze recipe.
8. If using a glaze, apply half of the glaze 30 minutes before the ham is done baking.
9. Continue baking, uncovered, 30 minutes.
10. Serve the ham with the remaining glaze.
Spiced Cranberry Glaze
1 (16-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup orange juice
½ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon allspice
Mix all ingredients over low heat until smooth.
Here are your steps to making a great ham.
1. Heat oven to 275°F.
2. Start with a large baking pan or roaster with 2 to 3 inch sides, aluminum foil, a 1-cup measuring cup, a small bowl, a tablespoon, a teaspoon and a spoon to mix and apply the glaze.
3. Remove the ham from the packaging and discard the bone guard.
4. Place face-down in baking pan.
Add 1 cup water to the pan.
5. Cover the baking pan securely with foil or cover with roasting pan lid.
6. Bake 15 minutes per pound or until the ham is warm. The optimum serving temperature is 135°F. to 140°F.
7. To prepare the glaze, mix the contents of the included glaze packet with 2 tablespoons and 1 teaspoon of water in bowl.
8. Stir the glaze until smooth.
9. Remove the ham from the oven and remove the foil.
10. Raise the oven temperature to 425°F.
11. Spread the glaze mixture over the entire ham.
12. Return the ham to the oven, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
13. Garnish and serve.
It is super easy! To reheat your ham you should follow the instructions on the packaging and heat to the desired temperature. For recipes using your left-over ham, visit Hormel.com.
Take the stress out of your purchase by using the purchasing guides for the following products:
Fresh Ham – Purchase 12-16 ounces per person
Spiral Sliced Ham – Purchase 8 ounces per person
Whole Turkey – Purchase 16 ounces per person
Turkey Breast – Purchase 8 ounces per person