Hormel Foods is committed to having an inclusive workplace and has nine employee resource groups (ERGs):
- Black Leaders and Allies Advancing Cultural Knowledge;
- Hormel Asian American Professionals Association;
- Hormel Food and Agriculture Resource Members;
- Hormel Integrating Relevant Experiences;
- Hormel Military Veterans Engagement Team;
- Hormel Professionals Representing Out and United Individuals & Allies;
- Hormel Young Professionals Enterprise;
- Nuestra Gente (Hormel Foods Hispanic Resource Group); and
- Women’s Insights Network.
These groups help us better understand diverse groups of consumers and relate to diverse team members. Read more about these ERGs on our corporate website.
To facilitate this culture, we also offer diversity training and maintain relationships with organizations at colleges and universities to increase the diversity of our talent pools.
Internal groups, such as the Executive Diversity and Inclusion Steering Committee and the cross-functional Corporate Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Council, are champions of inclusion and diversity, and advocates for change.
The Executive Diversity and Inclusion Steering Committee sets the strategic direction for the organization. Its members provide a roadmap for building a culture of inclusion where employees feel they belong and are valued. The Corporate Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Council is responsible for championing inclusion and diversity initiatives, and providing cross-functional input.
For more information, please visit our corporate responsibility report.
Inclusion and Diversity Guiding Coalition
The company’s Inclusion and Diversity Guiding Coalition is focused on creating the conditions for a more inclusive and equitable environment for all and helping to shape the business and people strategies of Hormel Foods. This group represents a range of demographics, perspectives and organizational functions from across the company. By providing input and insight, the coalition is actively engaged in:
- Strengthening the company’s alignment around the business value of inclusion and diversity;
- Attracting and developing a talented workforce; and
- Building and retaining inclusive leaders and teams.
The Inclusion and Diversity Guiding Coalition has been instrumental in bringing the company’s Talent Champion Program to life. This program pairs under-represented minority talent with an executive sponsor to provide opportunities to gain exposure across the organization. Additionally, this team has been pivotal in championing for inclusive workspaces in our production facilities, including lactation rooms, gender-neutral restrooms and updated locker rooms.