As the summer progresses keep your weeknight menu full of flavor with these family favorite grilling recipes. From hot dogs topped with HORMEL® chili to a pizza topped with HORMEL® Pepperoni Cup N’ Crisp, your whole family will be coming back for seconds!
Green Dog Chili Dogs
- 8 strips HORMEL® BLACK LABEL® Bacon – Original
- 8 hotdogs
- 8 hotdog buns, split and toasted
- 1 (15-ounce) can HORMEL® Chili No Bean with American Cheese, heated
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1 cup sautéed onions
- 1/2 cup chimichurri sauce (recipe follows)
- Chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
Cook bacon until slightly cooked but not crispy. Wrap bacon tightly around hotdogs, tucking in ends.
Heat grill to 350°F. Spray grill with non-stick cooking spray. Place bacon wrapped hotdogs on grill and cook 5 to 7 minutes each side or until bacon is fully cooked and crisped.
Serve on toasted buns chili, guacamole, onions, chimichurri, cilantro and limes.
Chimichurri Sauce: In bowl of food processor, add 1/2 cup chopped parsley, 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 3 cloves garlic, 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pulse to chop. With processor running, drizzle in 1/2 cup olive oil until combined.
Mesquite Barbeque Loin with Grilled Vegetables
- 1 (24-ounce) package HORMEL® ALWAYS TENDER® Mesquite Barbeque Pork Loin Filet
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium orange bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 medium zucchini, cut in half and into 3-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1. Grill pork loin according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in bowl, toss together vegetables, oil, salt and black pepper.
3. During last 10 minutes of grilling pork, place vegetables on grill. Grill until vegetables are crisply tender.
4. Serve pork loin on large serving platter surrounded by grilled vegetables.
Grilled NY HORMEL® Pepperoni Cup N’ Crisp Pizza
- Cornmeal or flour for dusting
- 1 ball Neapolitan Pizza Dough (recipe follows)
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella provolone cheese blend
- 1/2 (5-ounce) package HORMEL® Pepperoni Cup N’ Crisp
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups ‘00’ pizza flour or bread flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon instant yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water
Place pizza stone on grill. Heat grill to HIGH. Sprinkle pizza peel with cornmeal. On peel, stretch or roll dough into 10-inch circle. Spread with pizza sauce. Top with onions, cheese and pepperoni. Transfer pizza to pizza stone on grill. Close cover. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is browned, cheese is bubbly, and pepperoni is crisp. Garnish with Parmesan cheese and basil.
Neapolitan Pizza Dough:
In medium bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add water and stir to combine into rough dough. Cover bowl. Allow to rise at room temperature 12 hours. Divide dough in half. Transfer each piece to floured surface. Stretch and fold each piece, using flour to prevent sticking, to create 2 dough balls. Transfer each ball to floured bowl. Cover each bowl and allow to rise 45 minutes.
Szechuan Grilled Cauliflower Kabobs
- 4 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup HOUSE OF TSANG® Szechuan Spicy Sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Prepare grill for medium-high heat (400°F).
Thread cauliflower onto metal or presoaked wooden skewers.
Brush kabobs with sauce.
Grill kabobs 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until cauliflower is crisply tender. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with additional sauce if desired.