Grab a slice and make the most out of pizza month with these unique spins on the Italian-inspired dinner favorite.
Bacon and Caramelized Onion Pizza
- 2 1/2 cups thinly sliced new red potatoes
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 (12-inch) prebaked thin-crust pizza shell
- 3/4 cup sour cream and chive potato topper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices HORMEL® Fully Cooked Bacon, crumbled
Heat oven to 400°F.
In large skillet, cook potatoes, onions, garlic, fresh and dried rosemary, salt and pepper in oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until potatoes are browned and tender.
On baking sheet, place pizza shell. Spread potato topper over shell. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese. Top with potato mixture, bacon and remaining 1 cup cheese.
Bake pizza 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into appetizer squares to serve.
Mediterranean Turkey Pizza
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (17.6-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Extra Lean Turkey Breast Cutlets, cut into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (12-inch) pre-baked thin pizza crust
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, or 4 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup ripe olives, pitted and halved
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
Heat oven to 450ºF. Coat skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat; add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add turkey cutlets strips; sprinkle with rosemary, salt, and red pepper flakes. Stir fry 11 to 13 minutes or until turkey is well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
Place pizza crust on baking sheet; top with tomatoes, turkey mixture, olives and cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with basil leaves; cut into wedges.
Bacon Breakfast Pizza
- 1 (12-ounce) package HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE® Bacon
- 1 cup pasteurized egg product
- 1 (16-ounce) package prebaked thin whole wheat pizza crust
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat garden vegetable cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese blend
- 1 small sweet yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Roma tomato, coarsely chopped
Heat oven to 425ºF. Coat pizza pan with cooking spray.
Generously spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add bacon; cook, stirring frequently, until bacon is lightly browned and crisp. Remove bacon from skillet and chop.
In same skillet, prepare egg product according to package directions.
Place pizza crust on pizza pan. Spread crust with cream cheese; top with prepared egg product. Add bacon and sprinkle shredded cheese. Bake 12 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted.
Meanwhile, in skillet, sauté onion in vinegar until softened and caramelized; remove from skillet.
Remove pizza from oven. Top with onion and tomato. Cut pizza into wedges to serve.
Turkey Sausage Pizza on a Cauliflower Crust
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten or ¼ cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 JENNIE-O® Lean Sweet Italian Turkey Sausages
- 3 crimini or white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup shredded kale
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 5 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium heirloom tomato or beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 4 basil leaves
Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
Line pizza pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray.
Cut cauliflower into florets. Add cauliflower florets and 2 garlic cloves to food processor and pulse until the cauliflower turns into rice-sized pieces.
Spread cauliflower and garlic across baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes until cooked through; set aside to cool.
Make the cauliflower crust dough:
In bowl, combine cooked cauliflower, ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, egg, and oregano; mix well until a dough-like texture forms.
Form and bake crust:
Spread mixture onto the parchment paper-coated 10-inch pizza pan and create a circular crust.
Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Allow crust to cool 10 minutes before removing the parchment paper and placing the toppings on it.
While the crust is cooling, prepare the toppings.
Prepare your toppings:
Remove turkey sausages from their casings. In medium size pan on medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. To heated oil, add turkey sausage. As it cooks, break apart with wooden spoon. Cook the turkey until done, approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Always cook turkey until well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
To turkey, add mushrooms, kale, salt and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until mushrooms have softened and the kale is wilted down.
Assemble your pizza:
Layer sausage mixture, tomatoes, ¼ cup cheese and basil over the slightly cooled pizza crust.
Bake your pizza:
Bake 5 to 6 minutes or until pizza is hot and bubbly.
Spicy Thai Pizza
- 1 (11-ounce) can refrigerated thin crust pizza dough
- 2/3 cup HOUSE OF TSANG® Bangkok Peanut Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella and Provolone cheese blend
- 2/3 cup broccoli slaw mix
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
Heat oven to 400ºF.
Unroll dough onto parchment paper. Roll or pat dough into 15×10-inch rectangle. Transfer dough from parchment paper to baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes.
In bowl, toss together 2 tablespoons peanut sauce and chicken. In small bowl, combine remaining peanut sauce and peanut butter; spread over hot crust. Top with chicken mixture and cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly golden.
Top pizza with slaw mix, onions and bell pepper. Cut pizza into pieces to serve.