Kick off your tailgate party with a spread of delicious appetizers. From Walking Tacos with Hormel® Chili to Hormel® Pepperoni Potato Skins, your tailgate menu will be the life of the party.
- 1 (9 ¼-ounce) bag corn chips
- 1 (15-ounce) can HORMEL® Chili, heated
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped avocado or guacamole
- Sour cream
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Sliced green onions
- Sliced fresh jalapeños
- Sliced ripe olives
- Pico de gallo
- Sliced radishes
- Chopped fresh cilantro
Cut slit in front side of bag of cut top of bag off. Spoon chili over chips. Top with desired toppings.
Ham and Havarti Roll-Ups
- 1 (12-ounce) can refrigerated large crescent roll dough
- 8 ounces HORMEL® CURE 81® Classic Boneless Ham slices
- 4 (1-ounce) Havarti cheese slices cut in half inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Heat oven to 350°F.
Unroll and separate crescent roll dough into 8 triangles. Place two pieces of ham on each triangle. Place a piece of cheese on top of ham towards wide end of crescent.
Starting at wide end, roll up crescent, ending at narrow tip. Tuck edges of crescent roll in and place tips down on ungreased cookie sheet. In small bowl stir together butter, Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
Brush tops of crescents with butter mixture. Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Pecanwood Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 10 jalapeno peppers
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 10 slices HORMEL® BLACK LABEL® Premium Pecanwood Bacon
Heat oven to 425° F.
Halve each pepper lengthwise. Remove seeds and veins from peppers.
Stuff pepper with cream cheese and wrap with 1 slice of bacon.
Bake on baking sheet for 15 to 20 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
Ham and Cheese Stuffed Pretzels
- cooking spray
- 1 cup cup boiling water
- 4 teaspoons teaspoons baking soda
- 2 (12-ounce) packages refrigerated pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons German mustard
- 1 (12-ounce) package HORMEL® CURE 81® Diced Ham
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- coarse salt
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper; spray with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, combine boiling water and baking soda; stir to dissolve.
3. Roll dough into 12×14-inch rectangle on lightly floured work surface. Using pizza cutter, cut dough lengthwise into 4 strips. Spread mustard, diced ham and cheese along the length of each strip. Stretch dough over filling; pinch to seal. Pick up short ends and gently stretch each dough rope to 24 inches. To make pretzel shape, form each rope into a “U” shape. Fold each end over to the opposite bottom of the “U” shape, making a pretzel shape. Press dough down where it overlaps in an “X” shape. Fold ends over so they lie under “U” shape. Press into place. Repeat with remaining dough strips.
4. Dip each pretzel, one at a time, into water-soda mixture. Remove with slotted spoon; place on rack. Let stand 5 minutes.
5. Beat together egg and 1 tablespoon water. Brush pretzels with egg mixture. Sprinkle with coarse salt. Carefully transfer to baking sheet. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until firm and golden. Serves 8.
Spicy Szechuan Hot Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- oil for frying
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ cup HOUSE OF TSANG® Spicy Szechuan Sauce
- ¼ cup amber beer
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
1. Heat oil to 325°F.
2. In large skillet with high sides, fry wings in hot oil, in batches until cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
3. In small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and cook 1 minute or until fragrant.
4. Add Szechuan sauce and remaining ingredients; let simmer 5 minutes. In large bowl, toss wings and sauce until coated.
Pepperoni Potato Skins
- 2 cups HORMEL® Pepperoni Cup N’ Crisp, divided
- 4 russet baking potatoes, baked, cooled, and halved
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cups Provolone cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons Creole seasoning, divided
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Fresh basil and chives for garnish
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Slice 1 cup of pepperoni into thirds.
2. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh of the baked potato, leaving ¼- inch around the edges.
3. In medium bowl, combine potato flesh, sour cream, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1 cup provolone cheese, 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, and sliced pepperoni.
4. Brush potato halves with melted butter and season with remaining Creole seasoning and Italian seasoning. Turn potatoes over and butter and season the skin side. Place potatoes on foil-lined baking sheet. Bake 5 minutes or until the skins start to brown. Turn potatoes over and bake 5 minutes longer. Remove potatoes from oven.
5. Fill each potato with 2 tablespoons of pepperoni mixture. Spoon 1 tablespoon pizza sauce over the potato mixture. Top each potato with remaining cheese and pepperoni.
6. Bake until cheese starts to bubble up and pepperoni has cupped and is crispy. Garnish with fresh basil and chives.
Guacamole Salsa Deviled Eggs
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado
- ¼ cup HERDEZ® Guacamole Salsa
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika and sliced jalapeños for garnish
Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Carefully remove yolks.
In a medium bowl, mash yolks with a fork. Stir in avocado and salsa. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Fill egg whites with egg yolk mixture. Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with jalapeño slices.
Loosely cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
PLANTERS® Snack Mix
- 3 cups mini saltine crackers
- 1 (10.3-ounce) can PLANTERS® Mixed Nuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Heat oven to 375ºF. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
In large bowl, combine crackers and nuts. Mix butter and seasonings. Drizzle over cracker mixture; toss to coat.
Spread onto bottom of prepared pan.
Bake 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring after 5 minutes. Cool.
HORMEL® chili cheese fries
- 1 bag frozen French fries
- 1 (15-ounce) can HORMEL® Chili With Beans
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onions, Sliced
1. Heat fries according to package directions.
2. Heat chili according to package directions.
3. Top French fries with desired amount of chili, cheese and green onions.
HORMEL® pepperoni pizza rollups
- 1 (13.8-ounce) can refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- cup pizza sauce
- Dried basil, to taste
- Garlic powder, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 30 HORMEL® Pepperoni
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional pizza sauce, for dipping
Heat oven to 350°F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Roll out refrigerated pizza dough onto lightly floured surface.
Roll into 9×12-inch rectangle. Brush top lightly with olive oil.
Using fork, poke multiple indents into the surface of dough to prevent bubbling. Spread pizza sauce on top of dough.
Sprinkle lightly with basil and garlic powder, to taste.
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese evenly over sauce. Top cheese with pepperoni slices. Carefully roll dough into long, tight log, starting at the long side. Place log on prepared baking sheet, seam-side down. Refrigerate 25 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator and cut log into 12 (1-inch) slices.
Pour cornmeal into small bowl. Dip the bottom of each roll into cornmeal and place on baking sheet, cornmeal-side down.
Sprinkle tops of rolls with Parmesan cheese.
Bake 20 minutes or until sides are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
HORMEL® pepperoni quesadillas
- 2 burrito-size flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package HORMEL® Pepperoni slices
- 1 cup pizza sauce, warmed
1. Prepare griddle for medium heat.
2. Place tortillas on griddle and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Top one half of each tortilla with pepperoni slices.
3. Once bottom of tortilla begins to brown, fold cheese half over pepperoni half and press with spatula. Cook 2 minutes or until crisp, flipping halfway through. Cut in half.
4. Serve with pizza sauce.
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 20 slices HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE® Uncured Pepperoni
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- 8 slices HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE® Hard Salami
- 6 slices HORMEL® NATURAL CHOICE® Smoked Deli Ham
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Pizza Seasoning
- Marinara Sauce, for serving
Heat oven to 425°. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper.
On lightly floured work surface, roll and stretch pizza dough into 11×14-inch rectangle.
Layer pepperoni, Provolone cheese, salami, ham and mozzarella cheese across lower third of the dough rectangle. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon parsley and crushed red pepper.
Starting with the long edge, roll up jelly-roll style, tucking ends as you roll. Place seam-side-down on prepared baking sheet.
With sharp knife, make 4 to 5 diagonal slashes down center of roll. Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with pizza seasoning.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with remaining parsley. Serve with marinara sauce.
BBQ Ranch Baguette Pizzas
- 1 (24-inch) baguette
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing, plus more for serving if desired
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) package LLOYD’S® Seasoned Shredded Pork in KC Sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Preheat broiler. Split baguette in half horizontally, then in half crosswise. Place on large baking sheet, cut sides up, and broil 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Lower over temperature to 400°F.
2. Spread ranch dressing over cut sides of bread. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Top with shredded pork and smoked gouda cheese.
3. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is crisped.
4. Top with tomatoes and green onions. Serve with additional ranch dressing, if desired.
Loaded BBQ Tatchos
- 1 (32-ounce) bag frozen potato nuggets
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) package LLOYD’S® Seasoned Shredded Beef in Original BBQ Sauce
- 1 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, if desired
- 1/2 cup sour cream for serving, if desired
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Line large rimmed baking pan with parchment or foil. Bake potato nuggets according to package directions.
2. Sprinkle potatoes with 1 cup cheese. Top with shredded beef. Top with remaining cheese. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and meat is hot.
3. Top with tomatoes, jalapeño pepper, cilantro and sour cream, if desired.