St. Patrick’s Day is a holiday known for parades, shamrocks and all things Irish. From adding the color green to your menu choices, there are easy ways to celebrate while you are home with your family this year. Find our favorite recipes for celebrations on March 17 below.
Easy Shepherd’s Pie
- 1 (20-ounce) can DINTY MOORE® beef stew
- 1 (24-ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
Heat oven to 400°F.
In quart baking dish, place stew. Spoon mashed potatoes over stew.
Bake 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve and enjoy!
Shamrock Waffle with Bacon
- Waffle and pancake mix
- Green food coloring
- 2 tablespoons HORMEL® Real Bacon Pieces
- Maple syrup
Heat waffle iron; grease.
Prepare mix according to package instructions for 2 round Belgium waffles. Stir in food coloring to desired color.
Pour onto center of hot waffle iron. Close lid of waffle iron. Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops. Carefully remove waffle. Repeat with remaining batter.
Separate waffle sections and place on plate. Trim one of the sections to create a stem. Sprinkle with bacon. Serve with syrup.
- 2 slices marble rye bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island salad dressing
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- 2 slices HORMEL® Sliced Roasted Turkey Breast and Gravy (from a 15-ounce package), warmed
- 2 tablespoons drained sauerkraut
Spread one side of each bread slice with dressing. Layer cheese, turkey and sauerkraut.
Shamrock Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
- 4 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup SKIPPY® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 4 ounces white candy coating, melted
- Green food coloring
- Green sprinkles
Line 9×9-inch pan with foil. Spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
Pour cereal into large bowl.
In medium saucepan, bring sugar and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Boil 1 minute; remove from heat.
Stir peanut butter into corn syrup mixture until smooth. Pour over cereal; stir to coat. Press evenly into pan. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan. Cut into shamrock shapes.
Stir food coloring into melted candy coating to desired color. Frost shamrock shaped bars with candy coating mixture. Decorate with sprinkles.